TRANSLATE

Saturday, August 25, 2012

CAPPUCINO / ESPRESSO/COFFEE/TEA?
Okay, I don't drink coffee, I love the smell of most coffees but just cannot acquire a taste for it. I have no idea what all the gizmos and levers, etc. do on a cappucino or espresso machine and my rendition may not be totally accurate. So why did I make this particular gadget? It all started with the desire to make a copper tea urn in miniature. I did a search for images on Bing (MSN) then one thing led to another and I somehow came accross this image:




http://www.johnm.com/forsale/Cappuccino-left.jpg
When I saw this picture I just had to try and make a miniature of it. I also gleaned some ideas from this YouTube video as well: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cNXmP2dRGQ&list=SP131E22212E6EFFC1&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Anway, this is my rendition. My mini may be rather large for this type of machine in 12th scale but I think it turned out pretty good. It is a mixture of plumbing fittings from the hardware store, brass wire and various jewelry findings from the craft store. Paper filligree edging. Copper color Contact Paper from Lowe's was perfect for the lower part.

I plan to put this on a marble top counter in a cafe' still in the planning stages. Maybe it won't be long before I get the cafe' in the works.




5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazingly realistic contraption you've created, Pinehaven! Way to go! I think I can smell coffee brewing now! :-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic piece. It would look fantastic on a marble top counter. Wonderful work I love it.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of work! It must have taken you a long time to put this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-ho-haha!This is BEAUTIFUL! What a fine job!

    ReplyDelete