TRANSLATE

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Someone has been away too long....
The rose bush needs tending and cleaning up!







This is the rose bush I made for my florist display. Took a long time to do! I think it was well worth it, though. I made my basic form from a bunch of thin wires and twisted branches in here and there; painted it with a mixture of craft paints and glue mixed together (about a half and half ratio). I used the two punches shown in the second picture. The flowers are made of painted tissue paper and he leaves are painted mulberry paper. (Acrylic craft paints used) Then I used the back of my xacto knife and a mousepad scrap to put a line down the middle of each leaf. Then I built each rose on a corsage pin so that when they were removed I had a hole in the middle big enough to stick on the ends of the branches with glue. Dried tea leaves from my used tea bags make the mulch/soil.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lovely rose tutorial. Your rose bush is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job! It looks so realistic! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely rosebuch. Fantastic. Thanks for the tutotial. I like your blog. Hugs from Anne in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. prettiest rose bush I have seen. Do you know the name of the punch you used for the roses? Punch bunch has so so many and the names don't alway corelate with what you are making!! Thanks for the turotial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb,
      I have had this punch for so long and I don't even remember where I bought it. Possibly here: http://www.hankypankycrafts.com/punches.html
      There is one on this page just past half way down the page and is numbered 751
      I can't be sure....I don't see why this one couldn't work, though.
      I searched on ebay and etsy for this one or even one similar but no luck.
      Thank you so much for your kind comments!
      Gail

      Delete
  5. thank you SO SO much! I appreciate your time and efforts. I think I may have found it.....it is 5 flower corner punch by punch bunch and I have an email in to the seller about it.

    I signed up for your blog, you are generous with your knowledge and much appreciated by a newbie like me!

    Have a wonderful day
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing thanku for the tutorial 😁

    ReplyDelete